Thursday, July 5, 2007

Legends of the Shetland Seas

To give you an idea about the Legends of the Shetland Seas by Hazel Carter begins at www.blackberry-ridge.com. It's wonderful place for wool and patterns. This pattern takes 4 oz of Blackberry Ridge Thistledown wool singles and a size #2 needle.

I'm not very good yet at blocking and I've over measured the width but perhaps when I'm finished knitting this shawl, it will work out okay. It's really a beautiful pattern and I love the story that goes with this shawl of "monsters, silkies and Finn folk."

1 comment:

Lacefreak said...

Dear ellen,

I think your shawl looks wonderful! Everything looks just like it should. I may be knitting with a thicker yarn than you are or else I'm knitting tighter, otherwise it looks just great. Nice to have someone else knitting it at the same time I am.