Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A plant emerges from sweet gum.

I have been kind of remiss with logging in and blogging. I have so much to do. I'm currently working on a shawl, but haven't had the guts to take a picture of it, 'cause it doesn't look like it should. Maybe I'll be brave tomorrow to showcase it.

Any way, I raked up the yard and kind of put the sweet gum "balls" into a pile (they are just so messy) and just left them there to wallow. Little did I know that this "thing" emerged and I'm not sure what it wants to be when it grows up. Is is a pumpkin? Will it be a squash? I have no idea. However, something has decided that it really likes this plant because blossoms form and then they appear to be snapped off! I'm not sure if I need to put some sort of bug repellent on this or not, or just let it grow and have it take it's chances? Maybe someone will let me know.



No comments: